On September 12, 2018, TUM International GmbH and the Polish NANONET Foundation signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the aim to further develop the concept of an international innovation cluster and create a think-tank which supports the development and competitive advantage of nanotechnology in Poland.
The mission of NANONET is to integrate all the involved and interested parties in the concept of nanotechnology, including: entrepreneurs, scientists, science and technology parks, science centres, scientific associations, self-government authorities, government and other agencies in Poland. It has its focus on the internationalisation of activities in the international arena. The aim of NANONET is the creation of a forum for exchange of opinions on the importance of nanotechnology for an innovative economy.
With the MoU TUM International and NANONET express their understanding to cooperate and combine their respective expertise to build up an international network to open up new markets and applications for Polish and German nanotechnology
The activities of the cooperation shall
- Develop a common platform for international industrial partner
- Discuss and facilitate common technology transfer projects
- Identify practical applications for European and international projects in common workshops
- Facilitate tailor-made education and qualification formats for divers target groups
- Encourage the creation of start-ups through entrepreneurship training
Timely, the Agreement was signed during the InterNanoPoland 2018, held on September 12 and 13 in Katowice with 170 participants - Entrepreneurs, scientists, students, technological companies, business support organizations, governmental institutions, cluster. International community from European academia, industry and R&D institutes.